Traditional Worship, 8:45am, Sanctuary
Contemporary Worship, 11am, Contemporary Worship Center
J.A.M. (Jesus and Me) Children’s Church, 11am, Room 121
If joining us online is the best option for you, please take advantage of that option! You may find links to our online options here.
We look forward to seeing you in person or connecting with you online. Each person needs to choose whether they are ready for in person worship. If you are uncomfortable eating in a restaurant at this time, you probably should continue taking advantage of our online worship experiences, rather than joining us in person. Remember, if connecting online is the best option for you, you may do so here. Additionally, we know the plans are subject to change depending on how the situation around us develops.
Below are some of the details relative to in person worship at Asbury. If you have any questions about reopening, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer at asbury@asburycolumbus org.
- There will be a Traditional Worship Service at 8:45 am, in the Sanctuary.
- There will be no childcare for the Traditional Worship at this time.
- There will be no Sunday School.
- Online video will be available for both worship services.
- DVD’s are available for those who cannot view the video online.
- Those who are sick, at risk (over 65 or with underlying health conditions), living with or caring for someone who is at risk should stay home.
What you can expect when you arrive
- The doors will be propped open, or opened by a greeter, to minimize the surfaces that need to be touched.
- High touch surfaces in these areas will be sanitized (before and after).
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout these spaces.
- Building access will be limited to the Fellowship Circle, the Sanctuary, the Contemporary Worship Center, and the Restrooms in order to minimize the spaces that need to be sanitized.
- Pews in the Sanctuary will be marked in order to space worshipers 6 feet apart.
- There will be no refreshments at The Well.
- There will be no distributions of paper bulletins or attendance pads.
- There will be no passing of offering plates.
What we expect of those who join us in person
- Please practice social distancing.
- While this will be difficult, there will be no handshakes or hugs.
- Please limit your fellowship conversations to the parking lot, and practice social distancing as you fellowship.
- Wearing of face masks is required. We will have a limited number on hand. Remember, the wearing of a face mask is primarily to protect those around you from a virus you may be carrying. Please be considerate of others.
- Remember who we are in Christ and seek to extend grace to those around you.
Self-Screening questions before you attend in person worship
You should ask yourself if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms. If so, you should stay home and worship online.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting