Giving has always been an important part of building faith. When we give, we are acknowledging and responding to God’s providence. It builds our faith in several ways.
- First, we are trusting God that what we keep for ourselves will be enough to meet our needs. Each time we do so, we are learning to trust God. At the same time, God is building a spirit of generosity in us.
- Second, we are relinquishing control over what we give and trusting it will be used for God’s work in the world.
- Third, we may be responding to a need God is revealing to us. As we become aware of the needs around us, this is an invitation to join God in meeting that need.
There are several ways to give at Asbury.
- During Worship – As part of our weekly worship, we receive tithes, gifts, and offerings. Gifts may be in the form of cash or check.
- Church Office – Gifts may be given through the church office during regular office hours (7:30 am – 3:30 pm, Mon. – Fri.) or by mail. The church address is: 1751 27th Street, Columbus, IN 47201.
- Direct Debit – Gifts may be made by authorizing Asbury to regularly withdraw contributions from a giver’s bank account and have those gifts deposited in the church’s checking account. Instructions and a form for starting or modifying direct debit is here. Questions about direct debit should be directed to the bookkeeper, Shawn Wadell. You may contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-372-4555.
- Online Giving – Giving online via a debit card or a credit card can be done here. Questions about online giving should be directed to the bookkeeper, Shawn Wadell. You may contact her at: email@example.com or 812-372-4555.