Confirmation Class in 2019 will begin February 10 and continue through April 28, which is Confirmation Sunday. The class will meet each Sunday evening from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm in the Lower Level Room 8 at Asbury. The complete schedule is below. We will begin and end on time, so please be in the room at 5:00 pm. Food will be provided for the students of the class. It is helpful if students bring their own Bible. Bibles will be provided for anyone who does not have one. Students will need to be signed in and out by parents or guardians at the guest center before and after the class.
The Confirmation Class at Asbury is designed for students in grades 7-12 to explore the basics of the Christian Faith. It is Basic Christian Theology. Sunday School, and many other learning opportunities, provide information about our understanding of God, us, and our relationship with God. Sometimes students have developed great Biblical knowledge, but the knowledge feels like disconnected pieces of a puzzle. Basic Christian Theology, provides a framework of understanding about how all of the pieces fit together. As mentioned previously, this class is about Basic Christian Theology. It is not our goal to consider all of the different theological viewpoints, but rather stick to the basics – those basic beliefs held firmly by all Christians over the last 2,000 years. Our hope is that students will have enough information so they can make an informed decision regarding their own personal faith.
The class time is interactive, including presentation of information, looking up scripture, discussion, and questions.
Confirmation Class Schedule
- Sunday, 2/17 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 2/24 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 3/3 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 3/10 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 3/17 – Spring Break, No Class
- Sunday, 3/24 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 3/31 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 4/7 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 4/14 – 5:00-6:30 pm in Room 8
- Sunday, 4/21 – Easter, No Class
- Saturday, 4/27 – Confirmation Sunday Rehearsal, time to be determined
- Sunday, 4/28 – Confirmation Sunday, both Worship Services, 8:45 am and 11:00 am
Confirmation Class Materials
Each student will receive a packet containing materials for the class. Links to pdf files of the class material are below.