Salary: $9.00-$12.00 an hour; rate based on experience
Job Type: Part-time
Sunday morning 8:30am – 12:15pm (3 shifts: 8:30-9:45, 9:45-11:00, 11:00am-12:15pm)
Tuesday evening 5:45 – 8:45pm
Saturday morning from 9:45 – 11:45am
Additional nursery and childcare times will be available
Purpose: To nurture and care for infants through 4th grade in a loving Christian and safe environment.
- Follow guidelines for feeding, changing and other needs as it relates to the care of infants and children.
- Follow check-in and check-out procedures with parent.
- Maintenance of and cleaning toys and items used in childcare/nursery rooms.
- Must adhere to Asbury’s Child and Youth Protection Policy and complete training.
- Communicate in advance, to nursery coordinator:
1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or
2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
Spiritual Qualifications: Demonstrate a passion for Christ, discipleship, and children’s outreach. Lead in
the sustainability and growth of children’s ministries and programs held at the church through music,
education, and worship experience. Have a personal commitment to growing his/her relationship with
Christ through discipline, education, accountability, and service.
Other Qualifications: Demonstrate Christian love and to nurture children and provide a welcoming
environment for families with the assurance of safety and protection while in our care. People and
communication skills required in talking with parents as it relates to their children’s care and behavior,
the church and the staff.
- Responsible demeanor in supervising a number of children who vary in age.
- Ability to establish trust with parents in regards to the care that is provided to their children.
- Strong degree of patience and calm in dealing with both children and their parents.
- Reliable transportation and working scheduled times of service and it is helpful to have some
degree of flexibility in that area.
- Willingness to ensure that the facility/room housing children is properly maintained and clean.
- Friendly, inviting and welcoming personality characteristics.
- Training in Universal Precautions, CPR, and First Aid. (Will provide training and certification.
- Experience working with, organizing, and leading children’s programming, and basic knowledge
of child development and biblical knowledge.
- Education – High School Diploma, GED required and college degree preferred.
- Background check required.
How to apply: