Asbury United Methodist Church of Columbus, Indiana is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Children and Family Ministry Director. The person in this position is to envision, create, coordinate and lead ministry to nurture spiritual growth from an early age. It is expected that this person will spend 70% of their time in children’s ministry, 15% with youth ministry, and 15% with family ministry.
Expectations of this position include:
- Lead curriculum development and training for Sunday School and Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Promote participation in church camp and work mission trips
- Lead recruitment and training of volunteers for these ministries
- Equip families so that they may help in their children’s spiritual growth
- Use all types of technology and social media for communication
- Update the church website to reflect the activities of these ministries
- Develop cross-generational activities so that multiple generations can grow spiritually together
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, in person or by mail to Asbury United Methodist Church, 1751 27th Street, Columbus, IN 47201. For a complete job description, please contact Asbury at email@example.com or call 812-372-4555.