The Path is: Come • Build • Love
“The Path” is the name for the discipleship path at Asbury. Like any path, there are steps along the way. Additionally, one expects that following a path will lead someplace. The Path at Asbury is designed with steps a person can follow toward becoming a mature, faithful follower of Jesus Christ. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we invite you to join us on The Path!
The Path has 3 Major Steps
Come – The first step on the path is to Come Worship. It is in worship that we experience God and respond to the grace God has made available to us through Jesus Christ. This is a great first step, but it is not the end of the path. Now we are ready to the next step, to Build Faith.
Build – The second step on the path is to Build Faith. This normally occurs in a smaller group than when we all gather for worship. In a smaller group, we find a safe place to explore what faith means in the midst of real life. Through life group conversations, studies, and experiences we take steps to trust God and build faith. As we take this step, we are making progress, but there is still more ahead of us. The next step is to Love People.
Love – The third step on the path is when we turn our God given abilities and desires outward, and we actively Love People as the hands and feet of Christ. This is where we take notice of the people around us, perhaps those whose names we do not know, and intentionally love them as Christ would love them. We meet them where they are, love them as they are, and invite them to join us on The Path.
Links to more information about The Path
- The Path Leadership – This page includes leaders for each of the Ministry Teams.
- The Path Ministry Teams – This page includes summary information for each of the Ministry Teams.
- The Path Training Resources – Detailed information about the purpose of each Ministry Team. There are links to team specific training resources.
- The Path Leadership Decision Guide – This guide was created for those who are considering serving in one of the Ministry Team leadership roles.
- The Path Gifts and Passions Glossary – A glossary of terms used for Gifts and Passions within The Path.
- The Path Gifts and Passions Inventory – Follow this link to take the Gifts and Passions inventory to learn more about your God given abilities and desires.
- The Path Leadership Questions and Answers – This is information relative to questions that have been asked by those considering serving as Ministry Area Team Leaders for the start up of The Path.