Asbury United Methodist Church (UMC) of Columbus, Indiana is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Worship Leader. The person in this position has the primary responsibility to envision, create, coordinate and lead the Contemporary Worship Service and oversee the traditional worship service.
Asbury has the benefit of two unique worship spaces.
- The contemporary worship experience is held in the multipurpose worship center with digital sound, including in-ear monitors for the band. State of the art lighting and projection systems (including Environmental Projection) are effective worship tools. The congregation has padded chairs for seating.
- The traditional service is held in the sanctuary with pipe organ and piano accompaniment and pews for the congregation.
Expectations of worship leader include:
- Lead worship with guitar or keyboard
- Coordinate the existing, gifted Worship Band, Vocals and Tech Team
- Lead rehearsals of Vocals, Worship Band, and Tech Team in preparing for worship
- Recruit and develop new members for the worship team
- Coordinate the worship experience with Pastor’s teaching theme
- Administer the worship ministry with budgeting, scheduling, music organization, equipment oversight, etc.
- Use technology and social media to promote the church ministries
- Use the church website to highlight activities of Contemporary Worship
- Use ProPresenter, Planning Center, and WordPress software
If you are interested in being considered for this position, send a resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.